ABOUT SUBMENTAL FULLNESS
Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”, is a common yet under treated facial aesthetic condition. It can impact a broad range of adults, including both men and women, and can be influenced by several factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, and is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
HOW IT WORKS
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
You and your doctor will decide how many treatments you need. Once the desired aesthetic response is achieved with KYBELLA®, retreatment is not expected.
WHAT TO EXPECT
KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”.
You and your doctor will design a treatment plan tailored to help you improve your chin profile. During your treatment sessions, your HCP will administer KYBELLA® into the fat under your chin using multiple injections. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 treatment sessions. Up to 6 treatment sessions may be administered spaced no less than one month apart.
KYBELLA® has been the focus of a global clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which over 1,600 have been treated with KYBELLA®.
In the pivotal Phase III clinical trials:
- 68.2% of patients experienced a ≥1-grade improvement with KYBELLA®, compared to 20.5% of patients who responded to placebo, based on validated physician and patient measurements
- 16% of patients experienced a ≥2-grade improvement with KYBELLA®, compared to 2% of patients who responded to placebo, based on validated physician and patient measurements
- 79% of patients treated with KYBELLA® reported satisfaction with the appearance of their face and chin
- After being treated with KYBELLA®, patients reported improvement in self-perception, including feeling happier and younger based on their chin profile, as well as feeling less embarrassed, less self-conscious, less overweight and less bothered by submental fullness
- KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing or nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness. The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness in the treatment area
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called, “double chin.” It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective in children less than 18 years of age. It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area.
Call 267.687.4437 to request an appointment in our Center City location. Or call 484.237.2432 for our Exton location!
OUR FULL COSMETIC SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Brown Spots
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Restylane Lyft
- Restylane Silk
- Restylane for Men
- Sculptra Aesthetic
- Hair Restoration – PRP